Thursday, May 18, 2006

Zephyr 750 - version 2.0

Finally, after almost 2 months undergoing engine overhaul, parts replacement and full body repainting, my Zephyr is ready.

I collected it at lunch time yesterday, courtesy of Ruslan and his Honda CBR600, who sent me to Sunny Cycle. The bill was a whopping RM3,311.70 but not a single cent discount was entertained. "Sudah manyak murah ini, wooo..." went Sunny when I asked for a discount. Apalagi, credit card la. Berapa bulan baru boleh habis bayar ni?

He then continued, "Lu punya motor sekarang manyak sidap wooo." Indeed, my Zephyr now feels like a new bike. It is very smooth with minimal engine clutter noise and the power has increased too. Acceleration is now more instantaneous and 'violent'. Roughly, I think it can do 0-100km/h in about 4 seconds.

Before this, my Zephyr could hardly breach 190km/h but yesterday I sped to 200km/h and the bike can still go faster. However, I got scared because my Zephyr wobbled at that speed due to the worn out rear absorbers - need to change those next. Maybe a set of Kayaba/Showa or Ohlins.

Anyway, here's me bike, version 2.0 in Menara Citibank's parking lot.


Ain't that gorgeous? I know, I know...the rear absorbers need to go.


Blue's clues.

And the bike craze carries on. I decided to indulge myself and bought new riding boots and gloves. The old Fieldsheer (local brand) boots cost me RM400 when it was custom made then and has served me for 4 years. It has seen one major accident with my ZZR500 and the recent spill. The scratch and bruise marks were proof of its legacy in protecting my legs. The Fieldsheer boots will now be my back-up boots. The current Fieldsheer gloves will also see more of the store walls than my hands, since it started serving me 3 years ago.

In the old Fieldsheer boots' place is a new pair of Gaerne sports riding boots. This is the least 'space-cop-gaban' look I could find. That's for the feet. For the hands, I bought an Alpine Star glove... again the least high-tech look but with good protection. It burned my credit card at RM920. Gilos aku ni!

At least I'm not spending them on useless stuff (trying to justify this outrageous spending. Jangan marah, Sayang. Cantik cincin?! Hehehe..).


For the hands and feet. They are important, you know - ask the amputees.

No comments: