Tuesday, November 07, 2006

WPP 1996

My new ride has arrived! Alhamdulillah.

Went to work with Ruslan yesterday morning and left office together to go to Wai Kong Motors at about 6.45pm. After all the required paperwork, I'm the proud owner of a spanking new Kawasaki Z750.

I can't explain the exhiliration of owning a new bike, to me it's more satisfying that owning a new car. I was super-elated. However, I kept my excitement under extreme control by riding very slow since the road was wet after a downpour and was still drizling when I left - besides the traffic jam in KL won't allow me to go faster than 50km/h anyway. In addition, the bike's tyres are still new and need time to 'peel off' the rubber protection coating. Don't want to drop my new bike, do I? No, sireee.

Only after I entered the highway after the Duta toll I got an inkling how powerful the bike is. With 102bhp in store, I only need to turn the throttle a wee bit to attain 100km/h. Unfortunately, I had to restrict myself and the bike's speed since it's still breaking-in time. I'm limited to only 4000rpm for the next 500km and then 6000rpm until the odometer shows 1500km. After that and 2 service sessions, will only I be able to unleash the full potential of this black beast. I can't wait! [grin]

In the meantime, I'll wash down my ego with soybean when I see kapcai and scooters overtake me and giving me the 'look' as if I don't know how to ride a bike. Takpe, takpe... sabar.


This morning before I left for work.

I want to name my bike something... Bat Bike? Black Stallion? Beast? Dark? Nightwolf? Knight Rider (haha). Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Azad said...

what about abah's horsey? hehe...now lyana can sing 'papa ku pulang dari kota, papaku beli motor besar, motor besar warna hitam, boleh bawa mama pergi jalan'

Azad said...

Hehe.. cute. But that could be 'mispelled' with an "n"... Abah's hor_ey. HAHAHA!

Azhaezah said...

maaf mencelah.. tumpang lalu.. akekeke