Sunday, October 28, 2007

thumbs up TH

I think Tabung Haji (TH) Malaysia is the most organized hajj pilgrimage organizer in the world. The entire process of getting a Malaysian pilgrim ready for hajj, fund management, arranging for the travel and accomodation, logistics, communications, etc is fantastic. TH is a world-class organization in my books.

I was at Masjid Negeri, Shah Alam on Saturday and Sunday for the Kursus Haji Perdana. Apart from this state-level kursus haji, there were already an earlier 16-class kursus haji, then followed by another 2-day 'crash course' kursus haji in Kelana Jaya and finally this Kursus Perdana. I have to say, if a bakal haji had attended all the courses, I doubt that they won't understand the rukun and wajib haji.

For the Kursus Haji Perdana TH went all the way to make the setting and environment to be as realistic as possible, complete with a mock Kaabah, which we do the actual 7 rounds tawaf in our ihram, saie, and the symbolic stoning of the devils with the 3 jamrahs.

There were at least 5000 people there and the logistics were well taken care of, food was aplenty, and help from the staff were always there. I was being made to understand that this program is being run in many major states in Malaysia the same time, i.e. in Putrajaya, Penang, Kota Bharu, Johor, etc.
I truly feel that I'm in good hands for the hajj. Bravo and keep up the good work, TH!
Tawaf around the mock Kaabah.

No comments: