It all started with me wanting to finish the 10km run in KLIM this year and to avoid embarrasing myself, I started training prior to the run, which I rarely did for the previous' years runs. Thus, I always injure myself after the run, i.e. aches in the legs, buttocks, etc. This year I decided that I don't want any aches - so training is a must.
Since then, I've never looked back. I've now attained a 'high' and would feel uneasy if I don't exercise at least thrice per week as opposed to only badminton once a week or sometimes not a single exercise in weeks.
I've also identified the root cause for the excrutiating pain I suffer in my feet after each run further than 3 km. It's because I have a flat-foot structure and my current running shoe is for high-arch foot. Only after living with this current shoe for almost 3 years, that I realized this problem. To address this, I bought a new running shoe and the problem was solved - not exactly painless but definitely less pain after a 5km run.
I now run 3-5km non-stop three times a week which I can complete in about 30- 45 minutes. I'm so proud of this achievement. Last I remember I was this fit was before I got married. Du-uh! I believe if I keep this up, I'll be able to participate in the 21km run behind my cuzzen (cousin pronounced in Godfather style) Dr. Telal next year, Insya Allah.
Finally I've cracked the nut on this life-long ambition to become thin again. I actually am looking forward to the next run and enjoy running. Hopefully this new fitness desire will bring my weight back to the glorious days of 60-ish kilograms and 30-ish waistline (err... that's like 15 years ago).
Hmm... maybe finally I can fit back into my black suit that quickly became 'too small' since I got married. I've given away all my clothes that I couldn't fit into but still keep this one suit due to sentimental value because its my first ever suit.
So, Sayang, get ready for a slimmer and leaner husband. ;)

Cycling to cross train.

Rode 14km last Saturday. My thighs hurt after that but it was satisfying.
4 comments:
Looking forward....hehehe! maybe when u reach 80 kg and get that super digicam, the current one can give me...
the wifey
Sure! 80kg by next birthday, Insya Allah.
Jangan masak sedap2 tau, Sayang. :)
stop cooking completely is how i lost my weight.. hahaha
Ouch!! Hope that person is not reading this. Hahaha..
Post a Comment