Monday, June 29, 2009

kl marathon 2009

Alhamdulillah, this is my first ever half marathon run, which marks an upgrade in my running distance. As usual, I didn't train properly for the run. It's quite hard to balance time between work, family and training - where training usually loses out... because I'm quite lazy as well. :p

Anyway, what's important for me was to finish the run - and that was just what I did. Timing was somewhat what I expected but was having hopes to finish in less than 3 hours but it was thwarted by the cramps that crept in from the 15km mark onwards.

I was a better prepared in this run in terms of energy to last the distance, I had more to give (thanks to the dates and raisins that I ate after 10km mark) but my cramping legs wouldn't let me continue running - the lactic acid was doing its job really well!

Well, I am a satisfied man. :) Next year, it will be half marathon again - but with better time, Insya Allah.

Pictures, courtesy of the website printed across the pictures... (the pictures are sooo expensive! try making it cheaper and I'm sure many people will buy).

Here are my stats:
Average HR = 180bpm
MaxHR = 193bpm
Energy = 3612kcal
Average Speed = 7.2km/h
Max Speed = 15.1km/h








No comments: