Talisman's decree:
All managers are required to do a management walkaround and HSE audit of TML's offices and operational facilities at least once a year.
With that, I decided to take on the easier locations first this year, which is Kemaman Supply Base (KSB) and Kota Bharu Helibase. Next year, I will go to offshore platforms - besides I need to get my offshore safety passport first.
Together with me on this roadtrip was Shahrul and Yuzila, who had other work to do as well. I took the opportunity to present some HR items and also take on an employee relations matters. This year alone, I've only visited KSB twice (including this trip) and only once last year. I've decided that HR, either me or others, should visit KSB once every quarter. This way, we can be closer to the employees.
Presentation and employee relations forum.
At Talisman's office in KB airport.
At one of our choppers at the helibase.
In the Super Puma.
It was a good and fruitful trip. Many things were achieved and more things were brought back to be worked on.
My special thanks goes to the Malaysian Helicopter Services (MHS) for giving me a thorough site visit of their facilities, procedures, helicopters, communication and radar gadgets. Feels good to know that our employee's and contractors are provided safe chopper services.
On the way to KB, we stopped over to Shahrul's house and met his parents - nice people. Thanks for introducing us, Shahrul. :)
Shahrul's parents.
Flaring at one of the mid-stream plants that we passed.
Both Shahrul and me still finding the answer to why can't these wasted energy be channeled to power something else - maybe heat up water to produce steam to power generators to generate electricity for instance. No engineers we met to date could give us a convincing answer apart from the safety aspects yada2.
No comments:
Post a Comment