I saw a book entitled "Places To Visit Before You Die" or something like that and it striked me that I actually have a list of things to do before I die but never really got to writing them down.
Being a muslim, obviously my list is skewed towards religious matters and akhirat - well, here they are:
1. Perform obligatory prayers in congregations in masjid at all prayer times (solat fardhu berjemaah di masjid setiap waktu dengan istiqamah).
2. Perform as many non-obligatory prayers (i.e. solat tahajjud, isyraq, dhuha, rawatib, awabbin, tasbih, witir, wudhu).
3. Perform hajj in my thirties.
4. Perform umrah every 3 years.
5. Memorize surah Yaasin, Al-Waaqiah, Al-Mulk, As-Sajdah.
6. Pay zakat more than the required amount.
7. Sedkah to anyone who asks - even if it is a little.
8. Fast every Monday, Thursday and 13, 14 & 15 of the Hijrah lunar calendar with istiqamah.
9. Perform qurban every year with istiqamah.
10. Apologize to everyone whom I've ever hurt - I'm truly deeply sorry to those whom I may knowingly or unknowingly hurt. Please forgive me.
11. Learn and master the arabic language.
12. Read and amal the meanings of Al-Quran.
13. Read or listen to hadith every day.
14. Perform solat sunat tasbih at least once a week.
15. Read about and fall in love with Rasulullah.
16. Fall deep in love with Allah.
Alhamdulillah, Allah has been very kind, most likely from all your do'a (thank you), He has chosen me and given me hidayah and strength to perform the above. Some I've already managed to achieve, some still in progress and some yet to start.
As for my menial worldly pursuits, which if possible and time permitting, I would try to achieve before I die:
1. Finish a full marathon - 42.195km.
2. Participate in olympic distance triathlon.
3. Achieve my ideal weight of 66kg.
4. Have another son (of course with permission from Allah and cooperation from my beloved darling wife).
5. Write books on HR, adventure activities, autobiography for my family, children and grandchildren and so forth.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hello! :D
[url=http://vonmertoes.net/][img]http://hopresovees.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]coreldraw thumbnail, [url=http://bariossetos.net/]office ready software[/url]
[url=http://hopresovees.net/][/url] spss software for sale to buy old software
educational software companies [url=http://bariossetos.net/]microsoft office school discount[/url] acdsee
[url=http://hopresovees.net/]educational software programs[/url] microsoft office enterprise 2007 sp1 serial
[url=http://bariossetos.net/]list of software resellers in[/url] manage startup software in kaspersky
software downloads for free [url=http://hopresovees.net/]adobe photoshop cs3 brushes[/b]
Great blog you got here. It would be great to read more about this topic. Thanx for posting this material.
Joan Stepsen
Technology gadget
Post a Comment