Once in awhile, I get reminders which makes me step back and look at our real purpose on earth. Today I received this e-mail...
Once a financially poor man complained to a wise man of his poverty and expressed sorrows.
The wise man asked him, "Would you like to be blind if you get 10,000 dirhams?" The poor man replied, "I don't like to be blind. I want to be able to see."
The wise man asked him further, "Would you like to become dumb in exchange of 10,000 dirhams?" The poor man said, "No, I want to be able to speak."
Then the wise man asked again, "Would you like that your pair of hands and legs are cut in exchange of 20,000 dirhams?" He said, "Never. I want to be able to touch and walk."
Again, the wise man asked him, "Would you like that you become crazy in exchange of 10,000 dirhams?" He said, "Never."
The wise man finally said, "Should you not feel ashamed to your Creator that He has given you gifts worth more than 50,000 dirhams, but yet you are not expressing gratefulness for those gifts to Him?"
Ya Allah, jadikanlah kami hambaMu yang sentiasa mengingatiMu, yang selalu bersyukur kepadaMu dan yang menyempurnakan ibadah kepadaMu.
Monday, July 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment