
Champion's pose (all with evil red eyes).
Against the odds and pain, I still went to play badminton last night - for the love of the game and not wanting to dissappoint the gang. Yup, only 4 of us turned up last night.
So if I hadn't played, there wouldn't be the giggly and hilarous in-game entertainment plus 6 sets of fast and furios action, would it? 2 sets was when I partnered with Ibdil, 3 more with Fiqar, and 1 last one with Telal. Itu pun because Ibdil had a physical shutdown or rather his mind was already focussed on the nasi lemak and koey teow, otherwise we would have extended another 6 sets.
I have to admit I was under the influence of the drug Celebrex and adrenaline during play time. Dr. M said that adrenaline will 'defuse' the pain, that's why I could play. Of course the drug helped a lot too (lucky I didn't down the Celebrex and Voren at once). The moment the adrenalin effect wore off, I was limping again to the koey teow ma-pley (makan place laaa).
To Mafiz, Ruslan and Zaini. Before you join us next Tuesday for the game, make sure you have made enough stretching and conditioning of your muscles. Telal and Ibdil certainly found out the hard way when Telal strained his wrist while Ibdil strained... well almost everything. (Jangan marah, Dil)
I also noted that though we have not played since November 2005, our superb badminton skills were still apparent, albeit needs just some sharpening to bring it back to glory days.
Oh by the way guys, if you can only put those lightning fast and plunging smashes into the court, plus make that drop shot past the net and into the opponent's side, it would be great and enough to make us qualify for the All England championship. ;)
See you next Tuesday.
1 comment:
Aik?! Ada boss ka? I thought you're working on your own? I thot you da boss..
Post a Comment