Friday, January 06, 2006

how time flies

It has been more than a month since I last blogged. So tied with work that I haven't had time to write. Nevertheless, things have happened. I'm a bit free today since I've been working late almost everyday preparing for Talisman's compensation program and managing the payroll system upgrade project.

Last 25 December 2005, we had Aneesa Farzana's kenduri aqeqah in Alor Gajah, Melaka. It was memorable and many people turned-up. Aneesa got loads of money too which will go into her tabung haji account. However, she still has a lot of catching-up to do with her sister. ;)

Went to Dzaeffran's aqeqah and Soffya's birthday party too. Nice to see the parents celebrating.

During my kiddy time, we very seldom had birthday parties. I remember that I had one when I was standard 4 in Penang where all my friends that came for the party where chinese. Yeah, that's how I picked the Cantonese language - that's where the "niamafullat" came from. Haha!

Other than that, I can't remember of any birthday party for my birthday except those celebrated just within the family where mama will cook something special for us and I get to choose the menu. I usually ask for nasi tomato or beriyani. Heheh.. those days. Presents will always 'educational' from abah - we will go to TIMES bookstore and I get to pick books not more than RM50. I always go for Archie, superhero comics or encyclopedias of tanks/planes/bikes/cars etc. No toys for me. Nyet.

I think this has been in-grained in me since childhood that we don't really celebrate birthdays with parties. Lyana's birthday was also celebrated 'internally' amongst close family members only. In fact, my birthday is just around the corner and the only 'party' that is going to happen is me having a quiet dinner at home specially prepared by my beloved wife - and I get to choose the menu again. The tradition lives on! :D

Who knows, maybe we will change and decide to do a elebration party for Lyana's upcoming birthday in March. We'll see.

Hmmm.. what else?

Oh yeah, repaired my Zephyr again.. another RM2000 for new piston rings, serviced the Peugeot 406, added more fishes to my water feature. Apa lagi, ah?

No comments: