Friday, February 17, 2006

bukit tinggi

It was quite a while since we went for a holiday - me and Yanti needed a vacation. The last one was when we went to Penang to send my bro-in-law, Azlan, to further his med-studies. After a night in Penang, we proceeded to Alor Star, UUM Sintok, Bukit Kayu Hitam and spent the night in Alor Star. That was mid-2005. Then, all travelling was on hold until Aneesa was was born and safe enough to travel.

This time, we decided on a short trip up Bukit Tinggi. It was only a 45 minute drive up from Shah Alam. We stayed at the Bukit Tinggi Golf & Country Club. Reasonably priced and so-so styled. I was expecting more, actually. Genting Highlands is many times better.

The 'attractions' were:
1. Rabbit park/farm. At least Lyana enjoyed it. There were other animals too like deer and donkeys (who were horny most of time... hahah).
2. Japanese Garden - that place was nice. I like the serene ambience. I enjoyed that.
3. Colmar Tropicale - had lunch there. Nothing to shout about. Hot! Even at 1500 metres above sea level.


At the resort.



Lyana loves the rabbit. They're so cute.


Night was abit chilly. But apart from the cheezy street-stage dancers, the place was dead.


Colmar Tropicale - French influenced design.

I think I'll need a really strong reason to go back up there.

No comments: