Lately my Nokia 6610i has been 'out-of-power' frequently. I guess, the lifetime for a mobile phone battery is about 2 years. The phone has been serving me well since 12 January 2005 when my darling wife gave it to me as a present. Nevertheless, the phone is still working well and serves my needs to talk, sms and listen to radio. So, there is no need to buy a new one.
Yesterday, when I went to Ampang Park, all I intended to do was look for a replacement battery. But being the gullible 'tech-geek', I somewhat succumbed to the 'marketing effort' of the salesman.
Instead of showing me replacement batteries, the blonde-haired-chinese-guy marketed new phones. "Haiya, abang punya phone banyak lama wooo. Sekalang balu punya phone mulah-mulah. Haa, ini abang tengok ada offer punya - Nokia N70".
After showing me all its capabilities, I was sold. This is the most expensive phone I ever bought in my life - I somewhat have a slight regret for spending so much money for a phone. RM1,260 for a mobile phone? Ouch!
Besides, technology moves at a very rapid rate that this new phone will be 'obsolete' in no time. My old phone only managed a measly RM150 trade-in value after 2 years.
When I got home after fukuls last night, I just realised that all the manual were in French and German. No English version. Apa raaa..
No comments:
Post a Comment