Monday, March 31, 2008

2117 kcal burned

Yesterday morning when everyone was still sleeping at home, I crept out of the house quietly (so that I don't wake up anyone) at 5am and headed to Ruslan's house. After Halim arrived, we went straight to Masjid Negara, Kuala Lumpur. After our morning prayers, we parked the car and got ready for the 10km run in the annual KL Marathon event.

This year I managed to recruit 2 newbies, Ruslan and Halim, to run their first ever official 10km run of their life. Good job guys!

And this year, I decided to take it easy and paced myself. My target was to run non-stop the entire 10km distance and not the previous run-walk-run-walk routine. Target achieved and my watch showed that I burned 2117 calories at the end of the race. Not bad for a 1 hour 30 minutes workout. Must do more of this. :)

Telal upped his standards this year by doing the 21k distance and completed it. Congratulations, Telal! You've inspired me to try that distance next year. I should be able to burn 4000 kcal with that distance, right? That's a good enough motivation for me.

The 10km results amongst us:
1st = Halim
2nd = Edrin
3rd = me
4th = Ruslan


Before the race.


After the race. Halim, you're supposed to look at the camera...


Telal finishing with class.


Say cheeeeese! Zailan, why are you not saying cheese? Lacto-intolerant are you?
From left: Zailan, moi, Halim, Telal, Ruslan, Edrin.


I told you already we are not gay! Heheh...
Need to inform KL Marathon organisers to skip white T-shirts in future. Dataran Merdeka looked like a wet T-shirt bash for runners.

No comments: