Sunday, March 02, 2008

fess surgery

Alhamdulillah, I've just safely undergone a Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) on Friday, 29 February. This surgery was required to remove the puss in my sinus cavity and enlarge the nasal passage so that hopely this same problem won't recur.

I checked into the Darul Ehsan Medical Center at 11am and had the surgery at 3pm. After the full general anesthetisia, I blacked-out until about 7pm when I heard my wife talking to my mother over the phone (I still couldn't open my eyes). I asked her what time was it, and she said it was 7pm and she said I came out of surgery at about 6pm - it was a 3-hour surgery.

I then blacked out again and woke when the nurse came and saw that the time on my phone was already 9.30pm. My head was throbbing and throat was very painful - this was due to the tubes that they stick into my throats to aid breathing. I was very thirsty and hungry then, since I hadn't eaten since 8am that morning because I needed to fast for the surgery. The nurse gave some water and soon Yanti, the kids and my maid came to visit.

I was then brought into my room and spent the night at the hospital. I finally checked out at 3pm on Saturday.

I like this candid picture... Lyana watching her sick dad.

Today, still feeling giddy when I walk or if I stand too long, which makes me feel like fainting.

Please pray for my recovery. Thanks.

4 comments:

Ruslan said...

get well soon, Aji... have lots of rest!!

syachou said...

semuga cepat semboh..

Azad said...

Thanks, Ruslan & Fiqar.

Unknown said...

another friend was supposed to hv a similar surgery bt had to postpone it due to work.
hope you'll recover from your op soon!