Saturday, June 19, 2010

property auction

This was our first official participation in a property auction. I just wanted to blog this so that I can remember this day in future.

We came early to the Renaissance Hotel KL and registered. We were then given a card with numbers to bid. Once settled in the room, the bidding started - I got excited. Then came the property that we were interested in - an apartment in Shah Alam.

The bidding started at RM130k. It moved up at RM1k every bid. I remember putting our card up several times, like 135, then someone at the back countered and it kept going that way as it was a battle between 7 bidders. I cannot deny that I had a high adreline rush that time but Yanti was there to calm me.

When the bid got to 150, only 3 players were left... us and two more. It started to get serious for me and my palms were getting sweaty that time. We raised it several times to 155 and 157 and was countered to 160. Then, I knew that we had to back off. The other players really wanted to win more than us - so we backed out. Eventually, one of them won at RM163k.

What an experience!


Our bid card.


The property and the auctioner.

No comments: