Today, I'm reminded of how greedy humans can be.
Though, I'm aware that greed comes as 'standard package' to all humans and know its happening on a daily basis everywhere - try reading the newpapers and you'll never fail to find at least 2 news that is based on greed, but the actual display of it from people I know makes me sick.
I believe Allah gave us greed as standard to test our virtues and see how well we can control it, not to succumb to it and be the 'ugly' human being.
Nabi Muhammad s.a.w bersabda yang bermaksud:
“Sekiranya anak Adam memiliki satu lembah daripada harta, nescaya dia mahu yang kedua dan sekiranya dia mempunyai dua lembah, nescaya dia mahu yang ketiga. Tidak akan memenuhi perut anak Adam melainkan tanah dan Allah sentiasa menerima taubat orang yang bertaubat.” - hadis riwayat Ahmad.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment