So I thought I didn't have enough training for this and was going to flop. But to my pleasant suprise, I managed to run non-stop all the way (well almost, because I needed to walk to drink).
I ran at a constant speed, which kept me out of being breathless. However, my main gripe for this run and many other runs was the 'burning' sensation I had at the sole of my feet due to heat from the road and the heat build-up from the constant traction between shoe and road. How do I address this? I used to try pouring water into my shoes but that made my feet blister.
I think if I can overcome this 'heat' problem, I can run further and try going for the 21km run, next year. In the meantime, I'll stick to below 15km runs for now.
My stat for this run:
Time = 1hour 44 minutes (8.6 km/h).
Average HR = 185 bpm.
Maximum HR = 193 bpm.
Calories burned = 2294 kcal.
Too bad Jai and Wan Edrin couldn't join us - we had their registrations and jerseys but a no-show due to last minute commitments.
To Ruslan, Halim and Shahrul, you guys should've joined this run. This is a nice new experience to run in a different location, apart from the usual Dataran Merdeka route.
The usual faces.

The finishing picture (trying not to fall asleep, since I woke up late that morning. Hehe)
10 comments:
yup..we should look for different race venues in the future. Who knows we might improve our timing this way!
About your kasut, kena carik baru kut? hehehe
How come you look thinner in this pic?
Mafiz,
Kasi api sama saya nampak. ;)
Sayang,
I AM thinner, already. Heheh...
Syabas, bro! I decided to skip klang and mizuno and penang bridge this year. Memang menyesal, tapi hope to save the legs for the last and best run in Dec.
You're joining the Malakoff 25km run in JB ke? Fuyoo... I don't think I can run that far yet.
Salam azad. I got here from kash's blog. You mentioned that lil problem with the shoes, maybe it's the wrong shoes? Coz that's the first time I heard about such trouble. Anyway, glad you enjoyed running in my turf! Happy running!
Salam Haza,
Thanks for visiting. You're probably right. I'll try using another shoe in my next run.
Did you do the Klang Run?
Actually I registered myself for the 42km marathon kat Singapore. See how it goes.
Kash
Sorry Zad, I forgot to mention, if you are thinking of changing shoes, get a runners' socks too that can provide ventilation for feet. Most runners ignore the socks part. Good luck training.
Kash
Thanks for the advice, Kash. Will try to look for these so-called running socks.
Post a Comment