Friday, June 03, 2005

al-fatihah

Many has happened since I last blogged - mainly due to worldly pursuits. However, last 31 May 2005, has knee-jerked me to a full stop. My beloved Tok, mother of my mom, has gone to meet Allah. [sob]

Saripah Zubaidah binti Syed Mohamed was 81 years old when she left us due to acute myocardial infarction (heart attack). Al-fatihah (please sedekah to her). I was her only grandson and being that, have a special attachment to her - getting the most attention, getting the most duit raya, getting presents, having to choose what kind of food whenever I visited her... etc..etc.. well, you know how grandmas like to pamper their cucu and me being the favourite.

Being the only male in the bloodline, Tok has no son as well, I was made responsible to collect her body from Hospital Pakar Damansara, make burial arrangements with the masjid and kubur TTDI, police report and finally report to Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara. Though I'm hurt on this loss, it felt good being trusted to handle these matters.

On the other hand, I'm also happy that Tok doesn't have to suffer anymore and finally gets to meet her creator. Semoga roh Tok dicucuri rahmat sentiasa. ;(

Al-fatihah.


Moyang & cicit - Tok & Lyana.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, am sorry to know about your grandmother. But you are rite, she is no longer in pain and is with Allah now. You have 29 years of memories of her... lucky bugger! :)

Take care dude.

-e-

Azad said...

Thanks Ezuan.