The problem is none other than the famous quote by Adam Smith, "In economics, demand always exceed supply due to limited resources available."
In my case, demand for a high performance superbike exceedingly overtakes supply of readily available cash resources by a very fair margin. The demand comes in the form of a Honda VFR800, capable of 110bhp (brake horse power) which cost about RM80k - brand new. I have viewed a much older version, VFR750 year 1992, which is still expensive for an old bike, retailing at RM21k. Unless...

Unless, I decide to reduce the demand to reach economic equilibrium, which means I need to settle for a lot less... the humble and practicle Modenas Elegen 150cc capable of a puny 15bhp. This scoot retails for RM6400.00 - brand new.

My dilemma is, I know I will definitely enjoy a superbike but it will cost a lot to maintain a car and a superbike at the same time - unless I sell my car, which I won't because I need it too. On the other wheel, I might get bored quickly with the slow but cheap and practical scooter. Adding smoke to complicate the dilemma, the daily traffic jams to and from work are making my blood 'go-upstairs', which makes it more apparent that I need to get a two-wheeler.
BUT... Where's the money? Show me the money!
So, to buy or not to buy, fulfill my whims or buy a cheapo? That is the question. In the words of master Yoda, "Hmm?! Meditate on this, I shall."
[ponder... ponder...]
No comments:
Post a Comment