The Internet in my Execsuite apartment still doesn't work after the Execsuite staff looked at my line. Anyway, the IT Manager in KL has given me some guidelines to follow - we'll see if that works when I get back to my apartment tonight.
Anyway, I've downloaded the pictures in my camera into a thumb drive thinking that I can post them in my blog today, but this office computer doesn't allow me to install the thumb drive's driver file. Haiyaa...
Anyway, to update on Calgary a bit. The weather is nice here - nice and cool but the wind is chilly in the morning and evening. It's fall now so temperatures can range from 10 - 20 degrees Celsius.
My body is still battling with the cold and dryness - I have phlegm and a bleeding nose (left side) since I came. Today, both my nose bled. However, its not the gushing type, just caked and dried blood when I do 'gold-mining'. Hehehe. I checked with Talisman's Occupational Nurse today and she said it's due to the very low humidity level during fall (that explains the dry leaves) and usually affects those who come from a humid climate.
I walk to work everyday - not that I really want to but I can't seem to get any empty taxi. But since there's cold wind blowing, I don't mind that much to walk. But I think that cold wind is causing me to bled in my nose. Anyway, it takes me about 20 minutes to reach office.
The HR collegues here took me for lunch at a Mexican restaurant yesterday - I get to choose the restaurant. Nice! Had red snapper with rice and some guacamole.
Today, we are going out for lunch again to celebrate the successful launch of the Peoplesoft project for Malaysia. So Ruslan, Melati and friends - I'll eat for you. ;)
That's my update for now. Until I get this IT problem sorted, I will post without pictures for now.
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haiyya.. Zad.. It's Calgary or Cold-Gary place. What to expect. Relax, enjoy, in no time you are on your plane home - business class, life could not get any better!! :-) cheers.
Ruslan, I only walked for a few days. It's too cold to walk now since my coat does not provide enough warmth.
Post a Comment